Create Simple On-Chain Blog
This tutorial will guide you through the process of using the Spore Protocol to build an on-chain blog. By the end, you'll have your own basic on-chain blog, similar to the one demonstrated here: https://spore-blog-tutorial.vercel.app
You can check out the code repository for this tutorial and explore different branches to see the code at various stages of development. We will clearly indicate which branch corresponds to each stage as we progress.
Tools You Need
- npm: package manager
- Next.js: to quickly set up our project
- React: for handling view logic
- Spore SDK: software development kit used to interact with the Spore Protocol in TypeScript
- Lumos: for building DApps on Nervos CKB
- Wallet: for interacting with the DApp, we are using Metamask for this tutorial
First, we need a framework to build upon. In this tutorial, we'll use Next.js as the foundation for our project. You can clone the basic project code by running the following command:
git clone -b 00-base https://github.com/sporeprotocol/spore-blog-tutorial.git
In the project directory, run
npm install and
npm run dev
npm run dev
You can then go to http://localhost:3000 and see "Hello World" displayed on the browser.
- Set up wallet as log-in for the application
- Build up the blog site
- Publish your blog posts on-chain!